Exar Launches Five Output Universal PMIC MxL7704
The MxL7704 is a five output Universal PMIC optimized for powering low power FPGAs, DSPs, and microprocessors from 5V inputs. Four synchronous step down buck regulators range from 1.5A system power to 4A core power. A 100mA LDO provides a clean 1.5V to 3.6V power for auxiliary devices. All outputs support ±10% margining and the two highest power outputs support dynamic voltage control to support processors that can utilize this function to save power. Through a 400kHz I2C interface, the customer can monitor an input voltage flag and PGOOD flags for each output. The I2C port can also be used to modify power up and down sequencing options, assign PGOOD outputs to the PGOOD pins, enable outputs and select switching frequency.
- Input voltage range: 4.0V to 5.5V
- 4 Synchronous Buck Regulators
- 100mA LDO: 1.5V to 3.6V, 20mV step
- ±2% maximum total dc output error over line, load and temperature
- 3.3V/5V 400kHz I2C interface
- Highly flexible conditional sequencing engine with external input
- 2 configurable PGOOD outputs
- Adjustable switching frequency
- 5mm x 5mm 32-pin QFN package
- Supported by Excel Configuration Tool
- MxL7704-X: Xilinx® Zynq® Ultrascale+™ ZU2 / ZU3 Reference Design
- Low power FPGAs such as Xilinx® Zynq® Ultrascale+™
- ARM based processors
- Embedded low power processors
- Industrial control
- POS terminals
Exar's mission is to leverage our extensive analog and mixed-signal portfolio, experience and IP to deliver leading-edge application specific technology solutions to target markets where operational excellence and reliability are valued. We service the Industrial, Infrastructure, Automotive, and Audio/Video markets by acting as an extension of the customer's own technology organization and singularly focusing on exceeding customer expectations. For more information, visit www.exar.com.
Exar, XR, the Exar logo are registered trademarks and PowerArchitect is a trademark of Exar Corp. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.